Spring has sprung! The curling season is already a distant memory and the ice is now a sad puddle, but all members are invited to our
Kaslo Curling Club AGM this Wednesday at 7 pm at the club.
Dean, Kellie, Dan, and Lana admire the WWND Cup.
And one final update before our thoughts turn to summer:
Congratulations to the Knoll team for closing out the season by winning the coveted WWND Cup!
The WWND Cup is running this week and spectators are welcome to come up and watch our final games of the season.
(Update 2019-03-20: The schedule has been changed to swap the Knoll and Dobroski teams).
2019 WWND Cup (revised 2019-03-20)
Members are also invited to come up for free pizza and snacks on Saturday, March 23rd from 5 – 6 pm, and to watch the WWND final rounds starting at 6 pm. Feel free to bring your favourite finger food.
It’s time to work off all that good Christmas food!
- Afternoon curling starts Tuesday, Jan 8 at 1 pm
- Thursday/Friday League starts Thursday, Jan 3 and the schedule is here. Normal scoring is in effect.
- Next equipment order deadline is Friday, January 11 (last one of the season).
- The 5-rock Free Guard Zone (FGZ) is now in effect, replacing the 4-rock FGZ. Opponent guards cannot be removed from play until the 6th rock of the end (formerly the 5th rock).
- The Kaslo Open Bonspiel (Jan 25-27) is FULL and we’re welcoming 9 out of town teams this year. The entry list is here. Email email@example.com if you want to be added to the spares list.
Karma, John and Rita celebrate the tie!
And (drum roll) the big news from just before Xmas break:
Congratulations to the Pennywise team for winning their first point!!!! Apparently the secret was to wear party hats. The other team wore kilts, so who knows what actually happened over there. But it’s great to see their hard work and enthusiasm start to pay off.
Good curling, everyone!