The WWND Cup is running this week and spectators are welcome to come up and watch our final games of the season.
(Update 2019-03-20: The schedule has been changed to swap the Knoll and Dobroski teams).
2019 WWND Cup (revised 2019-03-20)
Members are also invited to come up for free pizza and snacks on Saturday, March 23rd from 5 – 6 pm, and to watch the WWND final rounds starting at 6 pm. Feel free to bring your favourite finger food.
There are so many high-fives and handshakes to go around!
- Team Jacobs (Colin Jacobs, Laureen Jacobs, Cheryl Jacobs, Ronda Tate/Mark Kusyk) has won the 2018-19 Season and 2nd half of the League. Final standings are here.
- Team Nichol of Castlegar won the Kaslo Open Bonspiel, and Team Salviulo of Nelson was runner-up, Jan 25 to 27 Final standings are here.
- The Kaslo Men’s team (Al Barclay, Douglas Yee, Dan Quigley, Darryl Slobodian) finished 3 – 3 at the Creston Butterfly Bonspiel, Feb 28 to Mar 2.
And last but not least:
- Team Pennywise won their first game ever on Feb 12!
It’s time to work off all that good Christmas food!
- Afternoon curling starts Tuesday, Jan 8 at 1 pm
- Thursday/Friday League starts Thursday, Jan 3 and the schedule is here. Normal scoring is in effect.
- Next equipment order deadline is Friday, January 11 (last one of the season).
- The 5-rock Free Guard Zone (FGZ) is now in effect, replacing the 4-rock FGZ. Opponent guards cannot be removed from play until the 6th rock of the end (formerly the 5th rock).
- The Kaslo Open Bonspiel (Jan 25-27) is FULL and we’re welcoming 9 out of town teams this year. The entry list is here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added to the spares list.
Karma, John and Rita celebrate the tie!
And (drum roll) the big news from just before Xmas break:
Congratulations to the Pennywise team for winning their first point!!!! Apparently the secret was to wear party hats. The other team wore kilts, so who knows what actually happened over there. But it’s great to see their hard work and enthusiasm start to pay off.
Good curling, everyone!