- Congratulations to Kaslo Curling Club members Al Barclay, Rosanne Benko, Colin Jacobs, and Laureen Jacobs (along with Colin’s brother and sister-in-law from Nelson) who had a successful outing at the Doug Bothamley Memorial Open Cash Spiel in Nelson this past weekend. They finished 3-2, tied for 7th out of 20 teams, and won $750. Good curling!!!
- Our Kaslo Open Bonspiel is Jan 25 – 27, 2019. We put up the poster less than 2 weeks ago and we already have 15 of a maximum 16 teams registered, with 8 from out of town. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to enter a team or enter as a single and we’ll see what we can do. Some of the local skips have reserved a spot but don’t have full teams yet, so you can also contact one of those skips if you want to sign on with them.
- The next equipment order deadline is this Friday, Dec 7. Write your order on the form downstairs, or email email@example.com.
- Pennywise came SO CLOSE to winning last week. Keep it up, we’re rooting for you!
- Dec 4 is the last Tuesday night practice session for 2018. We’ll let you know when they start up again in the new year.
Congratulations to our novice Pennywise team for winning their first end in only their second game!
Pennywise is learning quickly, so curlers are reminded that practice ice is available 6 – 8 pm on Tuesday nights through December 4.
Anyone interested in trying curling is also invited to come out on Tuesday nights. All equipment and instruction is free.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternate time to try curling, or to book the ice for a fun event with family or friends ($50 for 4 hours).
Our season kicks off this week with:
- drop-in curling on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-3 pm ($7/game)
- League play on Thursday (7-9 pm) and Friday nights (5:45 – 10 pm). Spectators welcome!
There are still 2 Learn to Curl sessions scheduled:
- Tue, Oct 16, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Tue, Oct 23, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Learn to Curl sessions are always free, and all equipment is provided.
Don’t hesitate to email us if you would like to try curling at any time. We’d love to get you on the ice!
Update Sept. 28, 2018:
Tue, Oct. 9, 1-3 pm Drop-in curling (free)
Thu, Oct. 11, 1-3 pm Drop-in curling (free)
Thu, Oct. 18 & Fri, Oct. 19 League curling starts
Winter is coming!
Fri, Sept. 28, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Fri, Oct. 12, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
The ice is in a bit early this year, so we added a registration night. This is a great chance for new curlers and/or new Kaslo residents to check out the club and meet other members before the season gets into full swing, and for the keeners to get some early slides in.
Learn to Curl sessions are on:
Tue, Oct. 9, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Thu, Oct. 11, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Tue, Oct. 16, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Tue, Oct. 23, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Learn to Curl sessions are free, and all equipment is provided. Please wear clean running shoes, loose or stretchy pants, and a sweater or jacket. Gloves, a hat, and/or ear muffs are also a good idea.
Do you have a group of family, friends or co-workers who are curious about curling, or even thinking of putting a team into our Thursday/Friday League? We’d be happy to arrange a private Learn to Curl ice time to get you started. Email email@example.com.