It’s time to work off all that good Christmas food!
- Afternoon curling starts Tuesday, Jan 8 at 1 pm
- Thursday/Friday League starts Thursday, Jan 3 and the schedule is here. Normal scoring is in effect.
- Next equipment order deadline is Friday, January 11 (last one of the season).
- The 5-rock Free Guard Zone (FGZ) is now in effect, replacing the 4-rock FGZ. Opponent guards cannot be removed from play until the 6th rock of the end (formerly the 5th rock).
- The Kaslo Open Bonspiel (Jan 25-27) is FULL and we’re welcoming 9 out of town teams this year. The entry list is here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added to the spares list.
Karma, John and Rita celebrate the tie!
And (drum roll) the big news from just before Xmas break:
Congratulations to the Pennywise team for winning their first point!!!! Apparently the secret was to wear party hats. The other team wore kilts, so who knows what actually happened over there. But it’s great to see their hard work and enthusiasm start to pay off.
Good curling, everyone!
Congratulations to our novice Pennywise team for winning their first end in only their second game!
Pennywise is learning quickly, so curlers are reminded that practice ice is available 6 – 8 pm on Tuesday nights through December 4.
Anyone interested in trying curling is also invited to come out on Tuesday nights. All equipment and instruction is free.
Email email@example.com to arrange an alternate time to try curling, or to book the ice for a fun event with family or friends ($50 for 4 hours).
Our season kicks off this week with:
- drop-in curling on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-3 pm ($7/game)
- League play on Thursday (7-9 pm) and Friday nights (5:45 – 10 pm). Spectators welcome!
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the League spares list, or new curlers can ease into the club by dropping in on Tuesday/Thursday afternoon curling.
There are still 2 Learn to Curl sessions scheduled:
- Tue, Oct 16, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Tue, Oct 23, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Learn to Curl sessions are always free, and all equipment is provided.
Don’t hesitate to email us if you would like to try curling at any time. We’d love to get you on the ice!