There are so many high-fives and handshakes to go around!
- Team Jacobs (Colin Jacobs, Laureen Jacobs, Cheryl Jacobs, Ronda Tate/Mark Kusyk) has won the 2018-19 Season and 2nd half of the League. Final standings are here.
- Team Nichol of Castlegar won the Kaslo Open Bonspiel, and Team Salviulo of Nelson was runner-up, Jan 25 to 27 Final standings are here.
- The Kaslo Men’s team (Al Barclay, Douglas Yee, Dan Quigley, Darryl Slobodian) finished 3 – 3 at the Creston Butterfly Bonspiel, Feb 28 to Mar 2.
And last but not least:
- Team Pennywise won their first game ever on Feb 12!
Congratulations to our novice Pennywise team for winning their first end in only their second game!
Pennywise is learning quickly, so curlers are reminded that practice ice is available 6 – 8 pm on Tuesday nights through December 4.
Anyone interested in trying curling is also invited to come out on Tuesday nights. All equipment and instruction is free.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an alternate time to try curling, or to book the ice for a fun event with family or friends ($50 for 4 hours).
Our season kicks off this week with:
- drop-in curling on Tuesday and Thursday from 1-3 pm ($7/game)
- League play on Thursday (7-9 pm) and Friday nights (5:45 – 10 pm). Spectators welcome!
You can email email@example.com if you would like to be added to the League spares list, or new curlers can ease into the club by dropping in on Tuesday/Thursday afternoon curling.
There are still 2 Learn to Curl sessions scheduled:
- Tue, Oct 16, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Tue, Oct 23, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Learn to Curl sessions are always free, and all equipment is provided.
Don’t hesitate to email us if you would like to try curling at any time. We’d love to get you on the ice!