- The SCHEDULE IS UP. Play starts Friday at 4 pm.
- Sadly, we ended up having to go with only 14 teams. Accommodations were tough to come by this weekend and a couple of out of town teams had to drop out. We will get this sorted for next year, we promise!
- Erin will be offering a Ukrainian style dinner at the club with cabbage rolls and perogies on Friday night for $15. She will only be making 20 dinners, so let us know if you want to reserve a plate at firstname.lastname@example.org. Out-of-towners who don’t know when they’re arriving may especially want to consider this, as Kaslo’s streets (and restaurants) roll up at 9 pm.
- Did you know we’re on Facebook? Help Rosanne keep it up to date with the latest and greatest news and photos, or email email@example.com.
It’s time to work off all that good Christmas food!
- Afternoon curling starts Tuesday, Jan 8 at 1 pm
- Thursday/Friday League starts Thursday, Jan 3 and the schedule is here. Normal scoring is in effect.
- Next equipment order deadline is Friday, January 11 (last one of the season).
- The 5-rock Free Guard Zone (FGZ) is now in effect, replacing the 4-rock FGZ. Opponent guards cannot be removed from play until the 6th rock of the end (formerly the 5th rock).
- The Kaslo Open Bonspiel (Jan 25-27) is FULL and we’re welcoming 9 out of town teams this year. The entry list is here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be added to the spares list.
And (drum roll) the big news from just before Xmas break:
Congratulations to the Pennywise team for winning their first point!!!! Apparently the secret was to wear party hats. The other team wore kilts, so who knows what actually happened over there. But it’s great to see their hard work and enthusiasm start to pay off.
Good curling, everyone!
- Congratulations to Kaslo Curling Club members Al Barclay, Rosanne Benko, Colin Jacobs, and Laureen Jacobs (along with Colin’s brother and sister-in-law from Nelson) who had a successful outing at the Doug Bothamley Memorial Open Cash Spiel in Nelson this past weekend. They finished 3-2, tied for 7th out of 20 teams, and won $750. Good curling!!!
- Our Kaslo Open Bonspiel is Jan 25 – 27, 2019. We put up the poster less than 2 weeks ago and we already have 15 of a maximum 16 teams registered, with 8 from out of town. Email email@example.com to enter a team or enter as a single and we’ll see what we can do. Some of the local skips have reserved a spot but don’t have full teams yet, so you can also contact one of those skips if you want to sign on with them.
- The next equipment order deadline is this Friday, Dec 7. Write your order on the form downstairs, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pennywise came SO CLOSE to winning last week. Keep it up, we’re rooting for you!
- Dec 4 is the last Tuesday night practice session for 2018. We’ll let you know when they start up again in the new year.
Congratulations to our novice Pennywise team for winning their first end in only their second game!
Pennywise is learning quickly, so curlers are reminded that practice ice is available 6 – 8 pm on Tuesday nights through December 4.
Anyone interested in trying curling is also invited to come out on Tuesday nights. All equipment and instruction is free.
Email email@example.com to arrange an alternate time to try curling, or to book the ice for a fun event with family or friends ($50 for 4 hours).